Certified Casting Instructor
He is currently the tallest member of his family and would like them to remember that.
on family dynamics
Whether you’re in Silver Creek Outfitters to set up a guide trip, purchase a fishing license, or update your gear or fly box, Johnny Kamp is ready to help! As he explained, “I am here to help on the floor, giving advice where I can and setting fisherman up for a successful trip on the river.” Johnny hails from Bozeman, Montana, graduated from Bozeman High School, and is currently a junior at Montana State University.
Despite his Montana roots, Johnny feels, and heeds, the call of the Idaho wild. He said, “I have been coming here as long as I can remember, and I always knew it was the place for me.” His love of local waters runs deep and he is excited to share his enthusiasm and knowledge with guests.
Fun Facts about Johnny
- He is currently the tallest member of his family and would like them to remember that.
- His first Sun Valley fishing memory is on the banks of the stocked ponds out Greenhorn. He recalls being very successful!
- A major in Fish and Wildlife Management, Johnny is very interested in environmental conservation
- On his days off, Johnny likes to … wait for it … fish.
- His favorite part about working at SCO is being part of a great team, providing outstanding customer experiences, and his friends on the staff.
What folks say about fishing with Todd
“These guides [Johnny, James, and Sam] were wonderful. They were exceptionally patient, so smart, and very thoughtful. And so capable in managing multiple children with varying skill levels - and temperaments. These guides should all run for President.”Lea Carpenter